Filing application at the national property registry of Varieties or at the national registry of varieties, excluding the agriculture engineer fees Agriculture engineer fees (minimum) Preparing advertisement of the variety to be published in the official Gazette and newspapers,obtaining the approval by the registry of the advertisement and publishing same. Publication in the official gazette and two newspapers Reporting and/ or office action and third parties oppositions (minimum) Filing oppositions to third parties applications Replying to office action and third parties oppositions (minimum).
REQUIREMENT FOR FILING PLANT VATRIETY APPLICATIONS
- Power of attorney, legalized by the Egyptian consulate (one power of attorney is sufficient for all cases in Egypt).
- Certificate of incorporation, legalized by the Egyptian consulate (one certificate of incorporation, is sufficient for all cases in Egypt).
- Morphological and quality description of the variety, photos and drawings of the variety and novelty basis.
- Stability verification date and multiplication mechanism.
- When claiming priority a certified copy (no legalization necessary) of the first foreign application field.